Developmental editing involves the significant structuring or restructuring of a manuscript.
When undertaking this type of editing, I will:
- check that necessary sections or pieces of information are not missing. If any are missing, I will bring them to your attention so that
they can be incorporated into the text;
- rearrange the text to improve its logical flow;
- move entire paragraphs and sentences to improve the textual flow;
- ensure a consistent structure throughout by changing, adding or deleting headings;
- shorten the text to a specified word limit, should you require it;
- rewrite unclear and/or wordy text;
- suggest areas of the text that you should work on further;
- rewrite and restructure the text to fit the format;
- verify that formatting and style elements are being used properly throughout your manuscript.